Behavioral VA Health Care
Mental Health/Veterans Crisis Line -- 1-800-273-8255 press 1
Are you or a loved one experiencing any of the following:
- Difficulty sleeping well lately?
- Feeling trapped in a bad set of circumstances with no way out?
- Friends/family say, "you’re different"?
- Feeling anxious or angry lately?
- Drinking too much, misusing medications or abusing drugs?
- Problems in your relationships?
- Trouble finding or holding a job?
- Feeling lonely, depressed or hopeless?
- Medications ineffective or causing changes in mental health?
- Experiencing homelessness or financial strain?
- Experiencing thoughts of suicide?
If your answer is "yes" to any of these questions, tell your care providers
today or call the VA’s toll free hotline! We will provide support and assistance.
For immediate help, call the National Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 press 1, a 24-hour
toll free number; press "1" to indicate you are a veteran or that you’re calling about a veteran. Your call is
confidential and can also be anonymous. Or you may have a confidential online conversation with a
professional on the National Veterans Crisis Line WebChat site *
If a veteran wishes to establish or otherwise get assistance with care in or near his/her home community,
the VA National Crisis Line and Web Chat staff will work with the local Veterans Crisis Line Coordinators
to meet his/her needs. You may also call your local Veterans Crisis Line Coordinator directly during regular
business hours – simply click on this link for the one closest to you: Veterans Crisis Line Coordinators.
VA has many programs and resources – housing, rehabilitation, employment, counseling, etc., and
VA medical centers and community-based outpatient clinics are strategically located in communities
throughout the state, including rural areas. These can be of tremendous value for veterans experiencing
a crisis and can provide immediate relief and support, as well as long term recovery and wellness. For
more information, click on this link: VA Mental Health.
VA staff can also assist with setting up transportation to enable a veteran to access VA programs and
|* Link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked web sites. The link will open in a new window.